How Much is My House Worth?
If you’re wanting to sell your house quickly, get a free valuation from us
How Do We Determine How Much Your Property Is Worth?
Looking to sell, but unsure how much your property could be worth? Considering selling in the near future, but aren’t sure whether to use a traditional estate agent or a quick cash buyer?
We use a variety of tools to help you establish how much is your house worth, based on sold values in your area. One of our Acquisitions Managers will then visit your property to take photos and look at the following:
- Structure of the property and any issues
- Amends to the property – extensions, new windows and doors or loft conversions
- If the property is in a high-risk area – potential for flooding, near an old mine, landfill site or wind turbine
- Problems with the property – Japanese Knotweed, damp, fire damage etc
- Market trends – topical property news i.e. Brexit, part-exchange, New builds etc
What Else Affects How Much My House Is Worth?
There are lots of other factors that go into determining the value of a house. There are many factors that working out value is never an exact science, which is why prices are constantly changing based on supply and demand. Here are just a few of the general factors that can determine the selling price of your house:
- Location – Schools, amenities, GPs & shops
- Amount of bedrooms
How Else Can I Find Out The Value Of My Home?
If you are looking to sell your property then you want to ensure that you are clued up regarding how much your house is worth. You need to ensure that you get valuations of your property from several different places so you have enough knowledge to make an informed decision on how much you want to sell it for. Here are just a few things you should do when looking to determine your house value:
- Get an estate agent to value the property
- Look on Rightmove and Zoopla at similar properties in nearby areas, and how quickly they are selling
- Use online valuation tools to give you a rough estimate
- Take into account any work or repair that will be needed to the property